My Teaching Policies
• THE GOAL is to help you become the musician you want to be, to play the music you want to play, and to have a lifelong experience of joy with music. I will do everything I’m capable of to help you reach that goal.
• PRACTICE: Ideally, a student will allot an hour or more a day for practice in order to maintain a good rate of progress. I understand this is not always possible – life can get complicated. But if a student can not maintain a consistent practice regimen it begs the question of whether that student is ready to engage in musical study.
• LESSONS are based on a monthly tuition, not a per lesson price. Price for a one hour lesson per week (recommended) in 2019-2020 is $260.00 per month.
• TUITION is due at the first lesson of each month. Payments made after the first lesson of the month will incur a $5 late charge.
• MAKE UP LESSONS: If you can’t make it to a lesson and give me at least 24 hours notice, I will make my best efforts to schedule a make up lesson with you. Please bear in mind that there are four months in the year when there are five weeks. Some of these will have holidays when we’re all going to prefer being with our families, but others will offset the need for some make-up lessons, as your tuition will be no different whether the month has four or five weeks. No make up lessons will be made available if notice is given less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson.
Any lessons that I have to miss because of illness, vacation or family emergency will be made up, or an adjustment can be made in that month’s tuition.
• ILLNESS: If a student is ill and can not make it to a lesson, please give me a minimum of 24 hours notice and I will make every effort to provide a make-up lesson. Please do not come to a lesson with a fever or during the contagious part of a cold or flu.
• MAJOR HOLIDAYS: On the big holidays when most people are not at work and not at school, we will reschedule lessons to accommodate.
• SNOW DAYS: If we have a significant snow, I’d rather have you be safe than risk having an accident while driving to your lesson. And besides, we’ll probably all be out shoveling. Just call me as early as possible and we’ll try to schedule a make-up lesson or an online FaceTime or Skype lesson.